Tuesday 11 August 2015

Stained glass dragonfly cake (for my Mum's Birthday)

Hello Hello!
It was my Mums Birthday over the weekend and I wanted to make her a cake (I mean how can one celebrate a birthday without cake... it's just not possible.). Leading up to her Birthday I asked her what kind of cake she wanted. At first she told me to do anything, then changed her mind to a traditional black forest cake, which is her favourite. A few days later she gave me the specific instructions of "Blue, green, bit of purple. A dragonfly in there somewhere and sparkly."  Under my orders, I came up with this design.


She was pretty happy with the cake and enjoyed her day! Underneath all that colourful icing and sparkles is a moist vanilla cake.  Mainly so I could say the word "moist" when describing the cake. 


Hope you're all having a spectacular week,

Infinite x's and o's,

Elena 

No comments:

Post a Comment