Sunday 13 April 2014

Sunday baking! Triple Chocolate Cheesecake





After just getting back from a trip to Port Stephens for a few days I was itching to bake something.
After a few days of not cooking anything.. I start to get withdrawal symptoms... I dream of cooking, what I'm going to  make, the presentation, the texture, the extensive flavour combinations.
I've come to the conclusion that I'm weird. But hey, Johnny Depp did say everybody is a little weird and we should all celebrate that and not be ashamed of it. I totally agree with that! But to be honest I'd probably agree with anything Johnny says.

I'm a fan of the Australian My Kitchen Rules and after watching Paul and Blair's instant restaurant where Manu gave them a ten out of ten for their triple chocolate cheesecake, I knew I needed to make it. We had friends coming over for dinner so It was the perfect opportunity.  It was surprising easy to make and it tasted aaaamazing. Everyone raved about it! You know it's a good dessert when everyone whips out their phone to instagram it. It is incredibly creamy and delicate and the raspberries in the dark chocolate layer give it that tartness to cut through how rich it is.
Just a word of advice though if you are attempting to make this dessert. Make sure all the ingredients that you combine are at room temperature, for instance when you add the cream cheese to the melted chocolate. if the cream cheese is too cold the chocolate will seize and you won't get that perfectly smooth texture.

Enjoy your Sunday & happy baking!

Infinite x's and o's

Elena


No comments:

Post a Comment