Sunday 13 April 2014

Sometimes we just need to escape
















Sometimes, doing nothing is exactly what you need.
My uncle said something that made a lot of sense the other night about Stress. He said "Stress slowly builds up on you, you don't even know it's there until all of a sudden you have a break down. It's like if you put a frog in hot water, he'll jump out straight away. If you add him to cold water and gradually increase the heat, he will stay there and die because he doesn't know how hot it is." That really made sense to me.

My Dad has been working the last few days at Nelson bay in Port Stevens and asked if I wanted to come up to stay for a day or two at the Anchorage hotel near where he worked.
 We drove up there,stayed for two days and had a great time exploring the area, taking photos and just relaxing.
The hotel was amazing, complete with a fine dining restaurant, beach near by and blue lights on the pool! (I think I was most impressed with that to be honest).
It was so  nice to get away even just for a few days. I Hope the photos I took give you nice sense of calm!
So when you're feeling that anxiety or stress build up, go for a drive... go away on holiday even if it's a short one, don't be the unsuspecting frog. (that sounded better in my head I think)

Do you have a particular place you like to escape to when you're feeling anxious or stressed?

Hope you're all having an excellent weekend!,


Infinite x's and o's,

Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment