Tuesday 29 April 2014

2 minute super moist mocha mug cake!



Yes, yes I did!
I love  mug cakes. They're quick, easy, no need for an oven and tastes great.
 I've made a few mug cakes previously but they have always ended up dry, spongey or eggy and gross.
I decided to try my own recipe and see if I could fix some of the previous problems I had. Not tooting my own horn, but... I fixed it and I fixed it good.
This literally takes 1 minute in the microwave (if your microwave is set to high which mine is, if not 2 minutes)


To make the cake you will need:

-2 tbsp of self-raising flour
-2 tbsp of caster sugar
-1 tbsp cocoa powder
-1 tbsp of butter or oil, melted.(I used half a tablespoon of butter and half coconut oil)
- 1/2 tbsp of sour cream
-1 tbsp milk
-1 tsp vanilla essence
-1 tsp of strongly brewed espresso coffee (or 1 tsp of instant coffee dissolved in a small amount of water)

Combine all the ingredients in a cup and mix until smooth. Then microwave for 1-2 minutes (depending on your microwave setting) the cake should just spring back when touched.


Once the cake has been cooked, prepare the icing (or you could leave it as is, up to you):


-3 1/2 tbsp of icing sugar
-2 tbsp of cream cheese
-1 tsp strongly brewed espresso coffee (or instant)
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla
- chocolate for decoration (and nums)

Combine all the ingredients in the bowl until thoroughly mixed and there are no lumps. Spoon over the icing onto the cake, dust with some icing sugar then top with your chocolate and done!

If you would like to watch the video version of this recipe, the link is below:




Happy baking and I hope you're having an excellent start to the week!

Infinite x's and o's,

Elena 

1 comment: