Saturday 29 March 2014

I adopted a kitten!



I thought I would make a post dedicated to my newly adopted Kitten, Aslan!  Although he's growing out of his kitten faze now considering he's already 6 months old.
After saying a sad goodbye to our eldest cat Hidy last year, my family and I decided we were ready to welcome a new member.
I knew that I wanted to adopt a kitten from our local shelter instead of buying from a breeder, just because it would feel like a good deed in a way, giving an animal a second chance at life and a new home.


We looked at every kitten there, they were all going crazily wild, playing with toys and hanging off walls (quite literally), except for this little guy. He was curled up by himself wrapped around his big fluffy tail.
I went to pat him and he walked straight up to me, looked me in the eyes and nose bumped me with his cold little pink nose. It was the cutest thing out. I fell for him instantly, maybe that was his master plan.


("Paint me like one of your french girls")

On the car ride home, he continued to nose bump me. It was almost like he had to make sure we all knew of his presence and didn't forget about him. At first I thought it may be because he's short-sited and has to get up close to faces to  be able to see them, but he sees perfectly fine, just one of his cute personality traits.

I decided to call him Aslan because growing up, the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S Lewis were my favourite books and Aslan was my favourite character. Also because he has the same colouring and bravery.
He walks straight up to our dogs with no fear, he's not afraid of the vacuum cleaner (which frightens our big Staffy, sarcastically named "Butch") and he likes eating grapes and cheese. 



Every afternoon Aslan takes his little toy horse (which he adopted as his from nephews toy box) and sits on the back veranda to watch the tide coming in.  He also has a collection of leaves he brings in from outside and places them in a little pile near the sliding door, along with a few blue flowers from our Jacaranda tree. 

(The car ride home, I had to put him back in his carrier for safety reasons but also because he kept trying to kiss the driver.)

While you're on the computer he either will place his head on your arm or snuggle onto your lap. He still does this except he's now a tad bigger and if you would like to move your mouse, see the screen or type, good luck.

I'm not really sure what breed he is. On his paperwork all it states is that he's "mixed etc" so, he could be a mixture of anything. I think he may be part ragdoll, just by the way he acts and his fluffy tail.
He has so much character and is such a blessing to have, he adds a lot of comedy into my life.




Hope you're all having an excellent weekend!
Infinite x's and o's

Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment