Monday 10 March 2014

BYS Glitter Creme Review




If you're a fellow Aussie, you either absolutely love BYS products or you won't even look at them.
If you're not in Australia and have never herd of this brand, basically they are more or less the Australian version of NYX cosmetics. In price and sometimes in quality. 
I personally have a love/hate relationship with BYS, leaning more towards the love side.  Some products can be totally spot on, but others will miss the mark completely. Considering the price and the fact you can actually walk out of the store with more than just one product for $50, I'm definitely not complaining.I was at BYS today and saw something glittering in the corner of my eye and made a bee-line towards it. Why had I never noticed these glitter pots before!?
Obviously I was obliged to buy one. It took every ounce of self-control I had not to get one in every colour.
The Glitter Creme pot is one of the products that hits the mark. I purchased it in the colour 'Two tone' which is silver and gold combined.
It has amazing pigmentation and creaminess. The packaging is pretty cute too and seals really well, which means it won't dry up any time soon. The only problem I had was getting it out of the pot with my finger because of my long nails, someone with short nails wouldn't have this problem though. I suppose it's almost forcing me to by hygienic, well played BYS. The staying power is also pretty amazing considering it was only about $4. 

(Please ignore the terrible under the dirty nail shot, loook at the glitter, the glitteerrr. That's it.)


Over-all I really like this product and will more than likely being going back and getting every colour.*grinch grin*. I decided to create a smokey eye with my new two tone glitter creme on-top.



I started with a black eyeliner and smudged it out with a bit of dark brown eyeshadow. (mac pro palette) Then I started dabbing on the glitter with an eyeshadow brush (doesn't really matter what brand, whatever you have, I used my urban decay brush) I then lined my eyes using revlon colorstay eyeliner in black. To finish Off I applied some maybelline falsies mascara on my top and bottom lashes.

Hope you all had a wonderful start to the week and continue to have a great week.

Infinite x's and o's,

Elena






2 comments: